We have been tinkering with the idea of a rankings system for some time but exactly how we wanted to implement the system has always been in question. Now that we have a stable version of the mission system live in beta we decided it was time to take the first crack at getting a minimal version of the rankings feature set in place.
- You can view the current rankings here or by clicking the “Current Rankings” option under the “Community” section in the main menu.
- The ranking system is based on Buzz earned (not total Buzz balance).
- The ranking system only uses data generated after the release of the v3 mission system (released 7/18/2018) to ensure data integrity.
- Buzz awarded manually or gifted will not count towards your rank progress.
- Logged-in users can see their current rank above the rankings list.
- Additional ranks will be revealed as they are achieved.
As the rankings list grows we will change up the interface to accommodate by added things like tabbed views and pagination…. for now we went with the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method. In future releases we will add features and benefits that require specific ranks to access…. and even missions that are only available to certain ranks.
PS: Weekly leaderboards are coming soon so keep an eye out for the announcement.